A whimsical dreamer chasing fireflies, a wayfarer wandering through lanes of magic and poetry.

Friday, August 24, 2012

ESCAPE


In the evening sky bright with stars
The moon is a solitaire tonight,
partially behind the clouds, gleaming in glee!
It seems like the heaven tonight
Twinkles with the eternal souls.

Humming to myself
After ages of song-less nights
I feel the icy wind gushing through the trees,
pulling my uncared blue shawl away.

Sleepwalking through a dark forest,
I pray with my arms raised;
And dance round a fire
Like a witch practicing magic
Calling out to the hovering souls.

The spirits in the air, in the mist,
in the night-sky, come to me...
And I feel them making merry all around
Singing and dancing in ecstasy.

Suddenly among these thoughts
I find myself in a bright room, sitting
And scribbling words as if
In an escape to a corner of my heart
That shimmers like a morning star
In the unreal hills and valleys of my dreams.

4 comments: