A whimsical dreamer chasing fireflies, a wayfarer wandering through lanes of magic and poetry.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

CONFESSIONS OF A YOUNG BRIDE

The corpse-cold moon is staring below
Thinking
“Why is the maiden so sad
When she’s wearing a bridal gown?”
“O’ moon! You do not know,
But this is a heart, lonely and poor
And no bridal gown can make it glad,
When it is winter inside.”
The bride stands here, in front of a mirror
With kohl in her eyes
And blossoms in hand,
Thinking
“Is he the one I really loved?”
“No!” says her eyes,
“He’s not my love.”
“O’ Moon! How can I be at peace
When I’ll be someone’s I do not love?”
“My heart is bleeding
And he’s not here to wipe the blood”
“My eyes are wet
And he’s not here to kiss them with love.”
“Every drop of my tear goes in vain
And each drop of my blood dries up,
Keeping only the stain.”
“My frozen soul is dying…”
“O’ moon! I’m married to the man I’ve never loved!”

No comments:

Post a Comment