A whimsical dreamer chasing fireflies, a wayfarer wandering through lanes of magic and poetry.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

MY OWN LAND OF ‘LUIT’










In a partly shadowy shade, under the banyan
A banyan very old, aged through the ages,
A shade swept clean by the breeze
Old and familiar
In my own land,the land of Luit,
I dream myself sitting.

Even in loneliness, there's a sweetness
Even in aching days, there's an ache
that passes not through my head
In my own land, the land of Luit.

Days there are lively, with the sun's smile,
zephyr's whisper, kisses of the rain
and butterflies
Dawns there are brightly hued
purple and pink,crimson and blue.
Nights though dark, are darkened quietly
With serenity in the ambiance,
Sweet sleep accompanying the fairy of dreams
Dusk there come with glowworms
Clouds painted purple and pink,
crimson and blue, with love !
This is my land,the land of Luit

I still dream myself sitting
Under the age old banyan
guiding me with it s roots,
sheltering me in its shade,
As i sing songs, write poetry

p.s -Luit is the local name of river Brahmaputra in Assam

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, picturesque as the vivid description :) loved it

    ReplyDelete