A whimsical dreamer chasing fireflies, a wayfarer wandering through lanes of magic and poetry.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A STARRY HAZE


Standing beneath the twinkling galaxy
I wonder, if ever I would be myself again
The moonbeams dance on the rocky surface
In all its glory, being sarcastic, for I
How happily wanted to live life.

The sun has sunk swiftly over my silver head,
My lenses cannot retain the sunshine
that my eyes sparkled with,
My fingers too frozen to nimble.

I cannot forget the broken vows
I still remember the vermilion that shone
on her, meaning mine
And still wonder if she would ever
Come back to me again.



She made me complete, she made me happy
And left me alone standing in a whirlwind;
Arrogant soulmate she is mine
And my love, too weak to save her feeble heart.

Oh my beloved!
Thy soul still plays with my heart
That longs for thee,
Thy sweet breath still lingers
In the air around me

Oh my dearest!
I, how happily wanted to live with you
While you only stare and smile
From the star-studded sky
That shimmers above me. 

5 comments:

  1. this is very very gud..its like the words speak to me...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really brilliant poem,. liked the longingness as evident in the poem.(oh my ......shimmers above me.)
    Good play of words and emotions..liked the line-arrogant soulmate she's mine..Good .keep it up...keep writing dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank u so much!! yes, i'll keep writing now onwards.. :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete