A whimsical dreamer chasing fireflies, a wayfarer wandering through lanes of magic and poetry.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A SOLITARY BROOK


enjoying nature's bounty I wrote it when I went to Bhutan for a picnic party :)




Amidst the boulders and trees,

The hillocks and hills

Flows a rill here and there

Whispering into my ears.

I sit here writing

With you in my mind

Watching the flowing stream

With a blossom sailing by.

Rushing through the rocks

With such a tremendous force,

Bubbling water to bubbles

The stream flows by.

Pebbles I see here, under the water

Crystal clear,

And to the green above,

Dense darks I can see

In the midst of blue hues

And grassy greens…

Beyond this greenery,

A black bird perches at a branch end,

On a tree with red blooms,

A tree with leaves very rare.

But suddenly, in the course of

the whistles of water,

The bird flies away,

High above the zenith

High above the clouds.

As I write, a robin flies over

the pebbles and water,

And as I look

He flies into the infinity.

I keep on writing

As you seem to be here,

I keep on writing because

To my soul, you are near.

Singing a chorus and

Making whistling whispers

with the pebbles and boulders

The solitary brook flows by.

No comments:

Post a Comment